Descended from the World Championship winning RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to feature fuel injection, the 2017 RMX450Z is designed for serious competition and off-road riders.
Powerful and torquey 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine shares core with the race proven RM-Z, but with modifications for more usable power across a wider range of conditions.
The frame, suspension, and bodywork are nearly identical to the RM-Z450’s – maintaining that model’s slim, aggressive styling, but adding an electric start, full-function instrumentation, an 18-inch rear wheel and lighting to make it a superior trail riding machine. That’s like taking your hard-core motocross machine out onto the trail. Only better. Much better
Some Features .
- Large magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights.
- Advanced fuel-injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, superb reliability and reduced emissions.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from dust.
- Minimal modifications from the motocross engine include modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
- 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios.
- The aluminium-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and durability.
- RM-Z450-derived trail-ready suspension uses high-performance Showa forks and Showa piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM-Z series’ renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- The aluminium alloy swingarm is derived from RM-Z450. It maintains ideal balance, while the rear suspension linkage benefits from reduced free play.